Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Oct 15, 2018 Views: 22
After you locate the book you want from the Library Catalog, locate the call number next to the item status. Many books are organized using the Dewey Decimal System of classification.
Exceptions are the Music Collection, which uses Library of Congress (LC) system as well as the Curriculum Collection which uses both Dewey and custom call numbers.
- The location of the book will be indicated by floor.
- Go to the stacks area on that floor and look for your book.
More Info / Source(s)
- Library Catalog
- Can you help me find a book?
- Call numbers in the Library.
- Dewey Decimal System
- How do I search for books in the Curriculum Collection?
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.