Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Dec 11, 2017 Views: 85
If you are looking for older articles from 1980+, use LexisNexis Academic. For older years, use the Historical New York Times.
Historical New York Times
1. Go to the Library homepage and click on DATABASES.
2. Select H and click on Historical New York Times.
- You can enter keywords, and limit by publication date, document type then press Search.
- 1980-current; also - abstracts only for 1969-1980.
- NYT article retrieval in Lexis Nexis is via keyword searching only.
- Lexis Nexis does not support browsing thru all major articles appearing in a given issue(s) of the NYT newspaper.
- Plain article text only is provided. Page images are not available.
Search LexisNexis Academic for articles in The New York Times
- Go to the Library homepage and select L from the Databases tab. (See above)
- Click on LexisNexis Academic.
- Locate the Search the News box.
- Click the down arrow in the Search the News box to select The New York Times as the source.
- Enter a topic/keywords. (It will not search unless you have specified a topic or keywords.)
- A list of articles will appear. Click on the article link.
More Info / Source(s)
Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.