Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: May 11, 2017 Views: 52
When you cannot find the full text of an article, notice if it said: Check Availability or Link to Full Text instead of PDF Full Text or HTML Full Text.
- Check Availability / Link to Full Text can indicate the full text is not available.
- There are various reasons, but often it's because we no longer subscribe to the journal carrying the article. In that case, we cannot provide full text.
Below are examples.
In the results list you may see it after the title and basic information.
If you click on the title, it appears in the left column.
When you click on Link to Full Text, a new page appears with suggestions for locating the article. Often, the best way is through Interlibrary Loan.
Below are several links that may help explain about accessing the full text of articles.
More info / Source(s)
- I'm having trouble finding the full text of an article.
- Using Journal Locator to find the full text of an article.
- Reading the full text of an article.
- HTML vs. PDF access to a full text article.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!