Reporting Noise Complaints

If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:

Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.

Answered By: Reference Staff
Last Updated: Oct 01, 2018     Views: 46

While many full text articles can be found when searching a database, some are not available in full text

If you run across an entry with an icon like the one below, it means that JEWL Search or another article database may have made a match, but the match isn't as definitive as it needs to be. It might be an issue with the publisher/vendor or perhaps an error in the database. It can also mean that the Library just doesn't have access to the content.

The page you're directed to is a "next step" page as far as suggesting alternative ways to locate the full text of the article, such as Journals A-Z or Interlibrary Loan.

Image for the article linker or check availability option for finding the full text of an article

However, by clicking on the Check Availability link, you can see options for trying to locate the article.

screenshot of the library's article linker results
  • Journals A-Z allows you to search for the journal title to see if the Library may have print issues available. If you see a screen similar to the one below, it means the Library does not have access to the journal.   
screenshot of the search results in Journals A-Z


  • Click on the "Request for free from another library" link to use Interlibrary Loan to request items Walker Library does not have. Fill in the form with the requested information. 
screenshot of the Interlibrary Loan sign in page


More Info / Source(s)

If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!

Ask Us!

Can't find the answer to your question? Send it to us!

Your Info

Please enter your MTSU email address.

Fields marked with * are required.