Contact Us

Answered By: Jean Reese
Last Updated: Apr 19, 2017     Views: 26

Supreme Court cases, as well as many other federal, state and lower court cases, can be found using LexisNexis (Nexis Uni) and WetlawNext databases from the Library website.

Browsing Supreme Court cases on LexisNexis:

  1. Go to the Library Website and click on the Databases tab.
  2. LexisNexis is listed among the  Popular Databases.  It can also be found by clicking 'L" in the list of databases. 


  1.   Click on the Search by Subject or Topic dropdown above the red search box. 
  2.   In the Legal area, click on Federal and State Cases. This will take you to a list of Landmark Supreme Court Cases
  3.  Find your topic of choice or select All Topics for more options. 
  4. Click on any link in the list to view the entire court case. 


  1. From the main search page, you can also click on Look Up a Legal Case box. Type the information you have about the case. 


Accessing caes on WestLaw:

  1. Go to the Library Website and select the DATABASES tab. 
  2. Click on Westlaw from the Popular Databases or select it from "W" in the A - Z list. 
  3. Once you are on the main Westlaw search page, click on the Federal Materials tab under the search box.
  4. Click on Federal Materials.  Then click on Federal Cases.
  5. You will see the Federal Cases by Court.  Select U.S. Supreme Court

More Info / Source(s)

If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!


(Adapted from Berkeley College libanswers)

Ask Us!

Can't find the answer to your question? Send it to us!

Your Info

Please enter your MTSU email address.

Fields marked with * are required.