Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: Apr 11, 2017 Views: 19
Databases like JEWL or Academic Search Premier cover academic disciplines and provide comprehensive content including many full text journals as well as references for over 1,000 titles. These are often good choices to begin a database search.
Effective Search steps include:
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Enter keywords in separate fields - no long phrases or questions.
- Use limiters/filters found in the left column. (Remember Amazon?)
- Full Text - to eliminate citations and abstracts only
- Sources - scholarly, magazine etc.
- Create an account to save articles in a folder if available.
- EBSCO host and other vendors often offer this feature.
- How do I set up an EBSCO account?
- Cite your source.
- Use Export to EasyBib to save citations.
- EasyBib Pro guide
These suggestions can apply to many databases. Each may have a slightly different way to search, but the concepts for an effective search are the same.
More Info / Source(s)
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!