Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: Oct 30, 2017 Views: 10
English 1020 sources might include the following (but are not limited to..)
JEWL Search: Advanced search; research starters; books i.e. Family Structure / Families
- Advanced Search: combine terms; change or add;
- Limit functions: find these on most databases; look for them; full text; sources etc.
- Citation help
Databases Tab: Browse them; search by broad topic;
- Choose letter of database name; popular databases.
- Find a database in your subject area/ major; use these for a more focused search
Academic Search Premier: Advanced search; variety but not as many sources
- Less overwhelming; More scholarly articles
- Citation help in database
Opposing Viewpoints: good for topic help; pros cons to a topic
- Variety of sources; citation help; research starters
CATALOG: Use it to find materials in the Walker Library; books, government documents; media
- Will NOT find articles;
- Easier to find a particular book in Catalog than JEWL.
- Limit to formats i.e gov docs, media etc.
- EX: Family and video as format: has a streaming video on television and families.
Research Guides: Subject/ Course research aids;
- Fnd materials for a particular subject (ie. Business, education, biology etc.) Resources are all in one place;
- Think about your topic and where it might fit in.
- Citation guides as well as subject topics.
- Statistics: Statista good source
Ask Us! : Use this to find answers to questions.
- Submit a ticket if you’re still stuck.
- Topics or type keywords
Google: Use it to find useful websites
- Google search box; enter “single families” site:.gov or .org
- Google Scholar; set to MTSU as your home school. Use Library website to enter.
- Go through library website set preferences when off campus.
More Info / Source(s)