Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.
Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Sep 07, 2018 Views: 11
A trade journal or trade magazine is a publication that focuses on news, trends and issues in a particular industry or trade group. Articles and news features target topics of interest to professionals in the industry. Publications are often part of a membership in an association.
Common characteristics include:
- articles focus on industry news, professional skills, and trends
- articles may be reporters or experts in their field
- may include photos or illustrations
- target audience is professionals and practitioners
- advertisements for products and services related to the field
(Adapted from JWULibrary)
Trade journal articles are often scholarly/academic in nature, but not generally peer-reviewed.
Finding Trade Journals
- Trade periodicals are usually associated with a specific field and often found as part of a membership in an association.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook is a good source to locate associations in your field.
- JEWL Search allows for refining your results to Source Types which can include Trade Publications.
- You may need to click on Show More to find them.
More Info / Source(s)
- JEWL Search
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- English 1020 Library Guide
- Contains a tab for career resources
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!