Note: The 7th Edition of the APA manual will be available later in the Fall (2017)
APA stands for American Psychological Association, but when we say do your paper in "APA" we mean do your paper according to the guidelines in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition.
- Copies of the manual can be found at the Reference Desk on the 1st floor of the Library.
- APA style is used by researchers and professionals who work in the social sciences and some sciences to format papers, cite sources in-text, and list references at the end of their papers.
Why Do We Cite Resources?
Citations are tools that help your reader. But they serve other valuable purposes, including:
- Giving credit where credit is due
- Demonstrating that your research rests on a solid foundation
- Adding credibility to your argument by integrating the work of experts
- Creating a research roadmap that enables other researchers to follow the creation of knowledge over time
- Avoiding plagiarism
More Info / Source(s):
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!