Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: Jul 20, 2016 Views: 35
Using the database CINAHL Complete there are several ways to limit your search to nurse authors:
- The First Author is a Nurse limiter*
- Any Author is a Nurse limiter
The Journal Subset limiter and Author Affiliation AF limiter are also ways to limit to nurse as author.
* The written by nurse limiter applies to records from November 2009 and forward. Credentials include RN, BSN, MSN, or appropriate degree. For Non-U.S. journals, the credentials include licensed nurse or appropriate nursing degree in the particular country.
- First Author in a Nurse limiter is available in the Limit your results menu under the Advanced Search box in CINAHL Complete. (Right column, below the "Clinical Queries" limiter.
To use, simply click in the box to select it as a limiter. Enter your search terms in the search box, click Search.
In scientific publishing, the first author is normally the person claiming most responsibility for the research. An article in which the first named author is a nurse has a higher probability of reflecting nursing research interests.
- The Any Author is a Nurse limiter is also located in the Limit Your Results menu (left column, below the "Human" subjects limiter.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!