Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: Jul 25, 2016 Views: 22
To find newspaper resources, you can start with the Library Research guide for Newspapers.
It offers links to historical, current, and international newspapers found on the Web. You can also find current news databases that the library subscribes to such as LexisNexis.
Another approach is to search by topic in a database such as JEWL or Academic Search Premier. Both cover a wide range of subjects.
Finding newspapers in a JEWL Search
1. From the Library home page, use JEWL Search and click on Advanced Search.
2. Type your keyword(s) in the first box e.g "animal cruelty". Press Search.
3. From the Search Results page, check the box News from the left column Source Types.
4. Results will display newspapers.
5. To limit to a specific publication, choose from Publication in the left column.
More Info / Source(s)
- Newspaper Library Resarch Guide
- JEWL Search
- Academic Search Premier
- Choose Academic Search Premier from the Popular Databases list.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!