Answered By: Jean Reese Last Updated: Jul 20, 2016 Views: 9
Trade, industry, and professional associations are lobbying and advocacy organizations, but they also serve as a forum to collect and disseminate information on industries.
They can be excellent sources for facts, statistics, reports, and can be a place to locate contacts to speak about the industry. Many trade associations include industry data on their Web pages and in their publications. (Sometimes for a fee).
More Info / Source(s)
- ASAE Gateway to Associations
- The American Society of Association Executives maintains a searchable list of over 1, 700 trade association home pages.
- Encyclopedia of Associations
- Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
- Look at the section of each survey titled Industry Survey for a list of trade publications and associations for a particular industry.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!