Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.
Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Aug 29, 2018 Views: 103
It's possible to access most all of our databases from on campus or off-campus. However, if you saved a page or a link to a page in a database, you won't be able to access it later for two reasons:
- The pages you see in databases are not permanent links, but temporary pages generated by your search. Once your search session has ended, the URL of any page you viewed will no longer work.
- The way databases and their content can be accessed off campus is through a proxy server on campus. In order to make the permanent links to databases and their content work, a prefix is added to the front of the URL. (https://ezproxy.mtsu.edu/login?url=)
How can you get around this in JEWL search? There are several ways:
Permalink Search Results
- From the Search Results screen, choose "Use Permalink" from the Share link in the bar above the Search Results.
- Copy the permanent link. Using this link, you'll be able to get back to the same search.
Permalink Article Link
- Click on the title of an article from the results list.
- From the Tools options, to the right, click on Permalink to create a permanent link to the article.
Email the Article
The quickest, easiest option to save articles and not have to have a disk/drive with you is:
1. Click on the title of an article you wish to keep.
2. From the Tools options on the right, select Email.
3. Fill in the address(es) to receive the email. Everything else is optional.
4. If you wish to get a citation for it, select the style you are using, like MLA, APA, from the Citation Format to the right, and a style citation will also be sent.
5. Press the Send button and you're finished.
More Info / Source(s)
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!