Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: May 15, 2019 Views: 21
To locate newspapers using the Library Catalog, there are two major types of keywords that will help you find newspapers.
- Type of Work
- Use the word newspapers in the subject field of the search.
- Location of Publication
- Use a term to indicate the place where the newspaper was published: city or state or country (sometimes).
- This can be in any field as the location could be in the publisher information, title or subject.
To perform your search:
- Go to Library Catalog under the Quick Links on the Library Home page.
- Choose Advanced Search.
- Type newspapers in the first box. Choose Subject from the All Fields box.
- Type boston in the next box. Leave All Fields selected.
- From the Format box, scroll down and select Newspaper.
- Press the Find button.
The results screen will display.
Look for "Boston mass" to be sure it's published in Boston. Some records might not have been published in Boston, Mass.
More Info / Source(s)
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Ask a New Question
Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.