Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Aug 25, 2021 Views: 569
The Library can help students with their remote class while they are on campus in the Walker Library.
- Students can use the library space to connect to their remote class using their own device. You should use your own headset to connect to audio (the library does not currently loan headsets). If you do not have a headset, you should use your own device in one of our study rooms, so you don't disturb those around you.
- Students can borrow a library laptop from the Technology Services Desk on the first floor; all laptops have a camera, speakers, and a microphone. You should also use your own headset on the laptops, or use a study room as stated above.
- Zoom will be deployed on all the library computers. These computers do not have a camera or speakers/microphone, so you will need to connect to audio using your own headset. The library Windows PCs can accommodate a single jack headset with microphone like you would use on a cell phone to go hands free, or a USB headset with microphone. Library Macs allow a USB headset and also have a single headset jack on the back of the machine.
- Third Floor study rooms in the Curriculum area are Graduate Study rooms and can only be reserved by Graduate Students online. Other study rooms on the 3rd floor are for general use.
- 4th floor study rooms are equipped with monitors with built in cameras, speakers and microphones. They must be reserved for use.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Ask a New Question
Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.