Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Apr 09, 2019 Views: 117
Using the database CINAHL Complete there are several ways to limit your search to nurse authors:
- The First Author is a Nurse limiter*
- Any Author is a Nurse limiter
The Journal Subset limiter allows you to limit to "Core Nursing" to further refine your results, and Author Affiliation AF limiter allows you to limit to nurse as author.
* The written by nurse limiter applies to records from November 2009 and forward. Credentials include RN, BSN, MSN, or appropriate degree. As this limiter pertains to non-U.S. journals, the credentials include licensed nurse or appropriate nursing degree in the particular country.
- First Author in a Nurse limiter is available in the Limit your results menu under the Advanced Search box in CINAHL Complete. (Right column, below the "Clinical Queries" limiter.
To use, simply click in the box to select it as a limiter. Enter your search terms in the search box, click Search.
In scientific publishing, the first author is normally the person claiming most responsibility for the research. An article in which the first named author is a nurse has a higher probability of reflecting nursing research interests.
- The Any Author is a Nurse limiter is also located in the Limit Your Results menu (left column, below the "Human" subjects limiter.
While the logic is sound. The assumption is not fool proof. You will need to verify the nursing credentials of the authors by checking the author data in the article itself.
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Ask a New Question
Reporting Noise Complaints
If you need to report a noise complaint and chat is not online:
Call the Service Desk at 615-904-8533.